Create. Learn. Celebrate.
The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show is thrilled to once again welcome quilting enthusiasts to the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wisconsin, to celebrate the joys of quilting. Our virtual quilt shows kept us connected, but we know our in-person shows keep us rejuvenated. This year’s event will offer educational opportunities from nationally recognized presenters, a variety of shopping options from vendors selling the latest notions and fabrics, and — one of our most popular features — the 10-category juried and judged Quilt Contest exhibit.
Take a walk through the outstanding exhibit of award-winning quilts in our 10-category juried and judged Quilt Contest exhibit! Study the stitches, take in the designs and become inspired by hundreds of beautiful quilts. Be sure to vote for your favorite for the Best of Show award! Find inspiration for your next project in this exhibit and several other special quilt exhibits including:
- Uncovered: The Ken Burns Collection, organized by The International Quilt Museum, University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- A Gallery of Elm Creek Quilts, presented by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Doreen Speckmann Remembered, presented by Megan Speckmann
- Quarantine Quilt Community Art Project, presented by Wisconsin Museum of Quilts & Fiber Arts
- The DIANA Diamond Quilt Exhibit, presented by Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabrics
- Leah Evans’ Quilts, presented by Leah Evans
- Heidi Parkes’ Quilts, presented by Heidi Parkes
- Carrying Forward a Legacy, presented by Marquetta B Johnson
- “My” State Fair, presented by the Prairie Heritage Quilters, Sun Prairie Wis.
- Celebrating 40 Years of Sewing With Nancy, presented by The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show
- Botanical Quilt Challenge, presented by The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show
- Kids’ Quilt Challenge, presented by The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show
- Modern Mini Quilt Challenge, presented by The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show
Lectures & Workshops
Explore hundreds of educational opportunities to pique your curiosity, including one-hour lectures, hands-on workshops and Sit & Sew workshops, all facilitated by leading educators.
View our extensive list of vendors who travel to The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show to showcase the latest fabrics, threads, notions and sewing machines.
With a vendor mall covering 85,000 square feet, you can spend an entire day just shopping!
Win great quilting prizes in The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show Raffle! Purchase tickets at the PBS Wisconsin booth near the main entrance. Tickets are $2 each or three for $5. All proceeds support PBS Wisconsin. Winners need not be present to win. Full contest rules are available at the PBS Wisconsin booth during the show.
Join us for live interviews from the event
Live updates from the event at the Alliant Energy Center. Deanna Springer of Nancy Zieman Productions will give virtual viewers an inside look through brief interviews and coverage of other event highlights.
The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show is excited to announce two new evening events!
Enjoy a heartwarming, one-man musical show celebrating the American quilting tradition and the untold number of quilters who let their stitches tell their stories.
And, join Wisconsin’s own internationally bestselling author, Jennifer Chiaverini, for a presentation celebrating her beloved Elm Creek Quilts series and her acclaimed historical novels, including several with Wisconsin ties.
Tickets are available for purchase at the Class Ticket Sales desk in the front lobby during the event.
Community Service Project
9 a.m.-3 p.m. Daily in the Atrium
Share your love of quilting by joining our community service project, a collaborative effort led by PBS Wisconsin Education. This year, you can help create a warm welcome for refugee children being resettled in Wisconsin. Your quilt will be included in a welcome package for our new neighbors alongside PBS KIDS educational materials and distributed to families in their new communities throughout the year.
Here’s how to participate:
• Plan 30 minutes or more to sit and sew.
• Donate fabric in bright colors: 1/4 yd. or more.
• Donate a new, finished quilt (lap-sized or larger).
The quilting process and more details will be available this summer at nancyzieman.com/blog.
Quilt appraisals are a great way to determine and provide a written record of a quilt’s fair market value if needed in the event of loss or damage. For $55, you will receive a professionally written document for each quilt appraised. Information regarding your appraisal will be kept confidential. Quilts will be appraised by Carol Butzke and Allison Rainboth, who are certified by the American Quilter’s Society and members of the Professional Association of Appraisers – Quilted Textiles.
A separate appraisal is needed for each quilt you wish to have appraised. The average appraisal will take approximately 30 minutes per item. And, for the first time at The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show, attendees can sit and watch live appraisals! Join us as we learn from our expert quilt appraisers.
Appraisal appointments are now sold out.