Plan Your Visit
The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show is held in Madison, Wisconsin, a fun and friendly city located among beautiful lakes and parks. Madison is home to the state capitol, the University of Wisconsin-Madison and many other unique attractions. For more information on Madison’s hospitality, look to the following resources.
The Alliant Energy Center (1919 Alliant Energy Center Way) is located on the southern edge of Madison, just off Hwy. 12 & 18 (Beltline), on John Nolen Dr. between Olin Ave. and Rimrock Rd. From the Beltline, the big white dome roof of the Coliseum building is easy to recognize.
- From the north on I-90/94: Where I-90 and I-94 split, stay on I-90 to Chicago and Janesville – not I-94 to Milwaukee. After four miles, take exit #142A onto Hwy. 12/18 (Beltline) west to Madison. After five miles, the white dome roof of the Coliseum building is visible on the right. Take the John Nolen Dr. exit (#263).
- From the south on I-90: Exit #142A onto Hwy. 12/18; proceed as above.
- From the east on I-94: At Madison, take I-90 to Janesville and Chicago; then proceed as above.
- From the west: Take Hwy. 12/18 (Beltline) going east. Exit at Rimrock Rd. (#262).
GROUP BUS TOURS
Plan an exciting getaway to The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show for your group. Fall is the perfect time of year to visit. Madison offers unparalleled shopping, dining and recreational opportunities, and an ideal destination for quilting enthusiasts. View our bus tour brochure here.
Group Admission Rates
Group admission rates are available for groups of 20 or more if tickets are purchased in advance (by Aug. 19). Admission includes entrance to the quilt exhibits, stage presentations and vendor mall.
- One-day ticket: $7 in advance, $10 at door
- Two-day ticket: $12 in advance, $15 at door
- Three-day ticket: $15 in advance, $18 at door
Lectures, workshops and evening events must be purchased separately. Advance registration is recommended.
Bus parking is $24 per day, payable at the entry gate. Your bus may come and go from the Alliant Energy Center parking lot throughout the day.
Group Tour Contact
To purchase advance admission tickets for your group, please contact Mary Alice Van Gemert at 608-265-5037 or [email protected]. Please indicate the day(s) you will be attending, and the name and location of your group. Advance group tickets must be purchased by Aug. 19. Return any unsold tickets by Sept. 30 for a refund. We are unable to process refunds during the show.
A variety of food options will be available for your group during The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show. Concessions are located in the lobby, exhibition hall and atrium. Options include salads, soup, sandwiches, pizza, coffee, yogurt, ice cream and pastries. If you would like to order boxed lunches for your group, please contact Centerplate Catering at 608-661-0525. The Alliant Energy Center maintains a strict policy that no outside food can be brought into the show.
Destination Madison offers a block of hotel rooms for Great Wisconsin Quilt Show attendees. Click here to make a hotel reservation. Rates and availability are subject to change. For assistance please call 1-800-365-4931.
ACCOMMODATIONS & ACCESSIBILITY
PBS Wisconsin and Nancy Zieman Productions LLC are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible event. To request an accommodation, please contact us at [email protected] or call 608-265-3854.
The Alliant Energy Center is ADA compliant. Below is more information about building accessibility.
- Parking: Accessible parking stalls are located near the entrance of the Exhibition Hall. Curb cuts are located in close proximity to accessible parking and make travel to the building convenient for people who use wheelchairs.
- Entrance Accessibility: The Exhibition Hall has power-assisted doors.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: All spaces, locations, and areas of the Exhibition Hall are accessible. All room setups are arranged to accommodate wheelchair accessibility. Wheelchairs and scooters are not available for on-site rental. You are welcome to bring your own device.
- Elevators: All levels of the Exhibition Hall are accessible by an elevator.
- Service Animals: The Alliant Energy Center acknowledges and follows all ADA guidelines regarding aid companions. Trained service animals are permitted with proper supervision.
- Lactation Room: The Alliant Energy Center has a Mamava station for lactating mothers to use in the Exhibition Hall.