Enter the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge
The Great Wisconsin Quit Show and Nancy Zieman Productions LLC announce the sixth-annual Modern Mini Quilt Challenge, taking place throughout the month of May on social media! You are invited to participate in the challenge by stitching a 24-inch square (or smaller) modern mini quilt in fabrics featuring a modern color palette and design.
To enter, send a high-resolution image of your quilt to [email protected] by 5 p.m. CST on Friday, May 20, 2022. Include:
- Your full name
- Your hometown
- Quilt title
- Quilt measurements
- And a brief quilt description
Enter one modern mini quilt for a chance to receive a prize from one of our generous sponsors!
Share your progress on social media throughout the challenge by using #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge! We will post entries to The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show Facebook page throughout the month of May — be sure to look for your entry. Grab The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show Modern Mini Quilt Challenge badge above and let your friends know about this fun quilt challenge!
Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Complete Entry Rules:
Sew a mini modern quilt to showcase your quilting talents. Submit your entry by emailing a high-resolution image of your quilt to [email protected] by 5 p.m. CST on Friday, May 20, 2022.
- Mini Quilts must be no more than 24-inches square, and may be pieced, appliquéd, mixed or other.
- Mini Quilts must be made from fabrics in a modern color palette and design.
- Mini Quilts must be quilted through 3 layers by hand, by machine or both.
- You may enter ONE modern mini quilt that has been completed within the last year.
- Entries must be sent to [email protected]; participants are encouraged to share progress and quilt photos on social media using hashtag #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge.
- Submitted entries will be shared on The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show’s Facebook page throughout the month of May.
- Winners selected by panel of judges will to be announced May 26 through social media and enewsletter.
- Open to U.S. Residents only.
Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Prizes:
Ana’s Sewing Studio: Brother NS1750D Combination Sewing & Embroidery; $1,050 value
BERNINA Dealers (Linda Z’s – BERNINA Domestic, Nancy Zieman Productions – Bernette, Primitive Gatherings – Q-series): Bernette 05 Academy Sewing Machine; $535 value
Siesta Silver Jewelry: Pendant, necklace, earrings, bangle and quilt center piece; $403 value
Janome: 1522PG Anniversary Edition Janome Sewing Machine; $349 value
Aurifil: Aurifil Bright Collection; $157 value
Hotfix Adhesive: 50 yards by 12″ Hotfix Adhesive; $145 value
Blue Bar Quilts: Prismatic Quilt Kit including all fabrics for top and binding plus the pattern Prismatic! Designed by Colourwerx; $125 value
Martelli: Ergo cutter, blades and cutting mat; $107 value
Heirloom Quilting Designs: Joanie’s Quilting Elements book and Background Bonanza how-to DVD plus a kit to make the project from the DVD; $80 value
Nancy Zieman Productions: Exclusive Stitch it! Sisters Dresden Columns Table Runner Bundle Box with The Ultimate Quilt ’n Stitch Presser Foot from Clover by Nancy Zieman Productions; $71 value
Stitch it! Sisters: Exclusive Stitch it! Sisters Modern Floating Triangles Wall Hanging Bundle Box with Supersize 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge from Clover by Nancy Zieman Productions; $70 value
Cherrywood Hand Dyed Fabrics: Hand-dyed fabric including an eight-step gradation fat quarter bundle of “Springtime” and a one-yard cut of “Barnacle”; $60 value
In the Wool: 2-yards of Flat Black, 100% wool fabric; $60 value