Enter the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge
The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show – presented by PBS Wisconsin and Nancy Zieman Productions — is excited to announce the fourth-annual Modern Mini Quilt Challenge, taking place throughout the month of May on social media!
Stay home, keep quilting! We’re happy to offer a quilting challenge that allows you to participate from the comfort of your home. The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has disrupted routines; we hope this challenge gives you a creative outlet and an opportunity to connect with fellow quilters online!
Participation is simple. To enter this year’s challenge, send a high-resolution image of your quilt to WIQuiltShow@gmail.com by 5 p.m. CT on Thursday, May 21, 2020. Include your full name, hometown, and a sentence or two about your quilt. Note: This challenge is open to U.S. residents only.
Enter one modern mini quilt for a chance to receive a prize from one of the sponsors (look below for a detailed prize list)!
Share your progress on social media throughout the challenge by using the hashtag #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge! The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show will post entries to our Facebook page throughout the month of May — be sure to look for your entry.
Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Complete Entry Rules — The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show:
Sew a mini modern quilt to showcase your quilting talents. Submit your entry by emailing a high-resolution image of your quilt to WIQuiltShow@gmail.comby 5 p.m. CT on Thursday, May 21, 2020.
- Mini quilts must be no more than 24-inches square, and may be pieced, appliquéd, mixed or other.
- Mini quilts must be made from fabrics in a modern color palette and design.
- Mini quilts must be quilted through 3 layers by hand, machine or both.
- You may enter ONE modern mini quilt that is completed within the last year.
- Entries must be sent to WIQuiltShow@gmail.com; participants are encouraged to share progress and quilt photos on social media using hashtag #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge.
- Submitted entries will be shared on The Great Wisconsin Quilt Show’s Facebook page throughout the month of May.
- Winners selected by panel of judges, and one randomly drawn winner, to be announced on Thursday, May 28, 2020.
- Open to U.S. residents only.
- Employees of PBS Wisconsin and Nancy Zieman Productions (and their immediate family members) are permitted to enter the challenge, but are not eligible to win.
- Judging takes place May 22-24, 2020
Grab our Great Wisconsin Quilt Show Modern Mini Quilt Challenge badge and let your friends know about this fun quilt challenge!
More than $2,000 in prize packages from our generous sponsors:
CraftOptics: One set of CraftOptics Magnifying Eyeglasses (including prescription or reader installed); $524 value
Siesta Silver Jewelry: One sterling silver medium siesta convertible bangle, two sterling silver stopper beads and one spacer bead, one sterling silver crowned pineapple mini charm and one sterling silver friendship pineapple charm; $251 value
In the Wool: Twelve fat quarters of 100% hand-dyed wool fabric, two one-yard pieces (white/black) of Pellon Shape Flex Fusible Interfacing, Hand Embroidery Stitches at a Glance booklet, Applique and embroidery Scissors, Chenille #24 needles, writing pad and sheep figurine; $210 value
Woodland Ridge Retreat: $200 gift certificates for Woodland Ridge Retreat
Clover: #CloverSquad Sewing box; $184 value
108 Quilt Backings: IronEZ Large Quilters Pressing Board and a package of 108" by 108" fabric; $165 value
ThimblesForYou.com: $120 gift certificate
Heirloom Quilting Designs: Joanie's Quilting Elements book and Background Bonanza how-to DVD plus a kit to make the project from the DVD; $80 value
Presto Avenue Designs by Claudia Lash: Tagalong Turtle Table Runner One of a Kind kit and three patterns; $80 value
Blue Bar Quilts: Sticks & Stones kit with pattern by Studio R Quilts; $75 value
Nancy Zieman Productions: Stitch it! Sisters: Modern Floating Triangles Wall Hanging/Table Runner Bundle Box with Supersize 5-in-1 Sliding Gauge and Stitch it! Sisters 5″ Fabric Short Stack with S!S button & sticker; $75 value
Coats & Clark: Coats & Clark Dual Duty XP All-Purpose Thread - 50 spools, 125 yards each; $74 value
FoxHunt Designs: Quilt ruler rack made from a live-edge piece of maple; $60 value
Dianne Springer Designs: Quilt in a Clock project kit; $58 value
At the Heart of Quilting: Three yards of Moda Grunge 108" Backing; $51 value
Oliso: Mini project iron; $50 value
Zirkel Magnetic Organizer: Zirkel Magnetic Organizer (three winners); $20 value